The RadPix MIRC Authoring Tool can be used to create teaching files cases which can then be uploaded to a RSNA MIRC  server teaching file system, or to http://www.MyPACS.net.
The program allows the user to use images, text, video and other files to be uploaded. The images can be annotated with translucent arrows, painted regions, text, etc.
RadPix MIRC Authoring Tool Features
- Integrated with other RadPix Suite Tools
- Supports the following image types
- JPG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, DICOM (via RadPix)
- Standard teaching file fields, including history, findings, discussion
- Customizeable MIRC fields
- Usernames and passwords (optional) to upload cases
- Supports RadLex anatomy terms
- Easy Drag and Drop of images and text
Install Trial Version of RadPix
- Download URL : http://www.radpix.com/download.php
- Enter your email address-the server will send you a link to download the install program.
- Save the file RadPix.zip to your desktop
- Click it to open file with Windows Zip (or other program)
- Drag all 3 files, Install.msi, Setup.exe, Setup.ini to desktop
- Click on Install.msi to install RadPix Suite
Download and install RSNA MIRC TFS software
RadPix can be used with the RSNA MIRC Teaching file system is a web-based teaching file system to create radiology teaching files.
The following instructions are to set up a MIRC system in which only registered users can upload and view cases on the system.
Creating a Case
Main RadPix MIRC Authoring Tool
- Click tabs at the top of the window to access other data areas.
- Patient info, Case, Categories, etc.
- Patient name and information can also be entered.
- Click the white area of a data field to open up a mini-word processor.
- Each of the icons across the top of the window can be used.
- Place the cursor on the icon to get a brief description of the icon's function.
- Functions include:
- Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste HTML
- Undo, Redo
- Bold, Underline, Italics
- Numbered List, Bulleted list
- Horizontal Line, Table
- Create Web Link (useful for References), Insert HTML Code (recommended for advanced users only)
- Show code (HTML)
Checkbox for suggesting RadLex terms as user types.
Adding Images to a Case
Click here for instructions How to Add Images to a Case.
- Click the "images" tab to view images that have been added to a case.
- There are several different ways to add images to a case:
- DICOM Images - Load into RadPix
- RadPix Capture - Does a screen save of a section of the screen and saves the output image to the case
- RadPix Video - Save an individual frame of a multiframe DICOM images to a case.
- Drag and drop JPG, TIFF, BMP files onto the RadPix MIRC Authoring Tool
- Screen save option of the RadPix MIRC Authoring Tool under the Tool pulldown menu
- Copy and paste from other programs, including PowerPoint, Photoshop, etc.
Editing Cases that have been Uploaded to a MIRC Server
There are 2 ways to do it.
When viewing the case in a browser, do one of the following:
- Click the Document tab, and hold down the Alt key, while clicking the Export button. The case will then download and be automatically opened with the RadPix MIRC Authoring Tool. (The file extension is .mrz). This works in Internet Explorer 6 and 7. Other browsers are a work in progress.
- Click the Document tab, and then click the Export button. The browser will ask where you want to save the file. Save it to your desktop. You can then either drag and drop the file into the RadPix MIRC Authoring Tool, or while the RadPix MIRC Authoring Tool is running, do a File/Open and select the downloaded file. (The file extension is .zip.)
Annotating Tips and Tricks
- Source image has patient information on it. How can it be removed? Answer
- How does the Paint Tool in the Annotation window work? Answer
- How can I change the opacity of an object after it is drawn? Answer
- How can I delete an object after it is drawn? Answer
- How can I move an object after it is drawn? Answer